What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
(2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
(3) Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
(4) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on news and alerts).
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
(1) to process your requests for support under manufacturer’s warranty or extended warranty, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service) and;
(2) To comply with legal requirements (e.g. if you buy equipment capable of receiving TV broadcasts, we are obliged to pass your details to the TV licensing authority). We will send an email receipt containing a unique customer reference number and details of any engineer visits required when you call us. Your information and email address will never be used for sales or other promotional materials. We are PC Homecall and we may need to pass the information we collect to other companies within our group for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
(1) You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by writing to us at our customer services address in
(2) Below. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process orders or to comply with customer service or after sale obligations. (2) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to PC Homecall to cover our administration costs:-